Kuranda Train + Skyrail + Return Cairns Transfers
Visit the beautiful Village of Kuranda, nestled amongst pristine World Heritage Listed Rainforest. Choose between Train up and Skyrail down or Skyrail up and Train Down.
- Train Up Skyrail Down | 09:00 Cairns City Hotel pick up
- Skyrail Up Train Down | 10:00 Cairns City Hotel pick up
Train Up Skyrail Down
This is the most popular option. Having the sun behind you for the Skyrail journey down in the afternoon gives you a great view over Cairns, out to Green Island and the Great Barrie Reef.
- 09:00 Cairns City Hotel pick up
- 09:30 Train departs from Cairns Central Station to go to Kuranda
- 11:30 Arrive Kuranda - customer will have about 2.5 hours free time in Kuranda
- 13:45 Depart from Kuranda by taking Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- 15:30 Pick up customer at Smithfield station (bus may stop here for 15 minutes)
- 16:00 Cairns City Hotel drop off
Skyrail Up Train Down
Travelling down to Cairns on the train gives you the option of finishing at Carins Central Station in Cairns CBD.
It can also be a more pleasant journey as the train engine doesn't need to work as hard coming down the hill.
- 10:00 Pick up from Cairns Hotel
- 10:45 Departs from Skyrail Smith field Station, head to Skyrail Station
- 12:15 Arrive Kuranda, customer will have free time in Kuranda
- 15:30 Depart from Kuranda by taking Kuranda Scenic Rail (Train)
- 17:25 Pick up customer at Cairns Central station
- 17:40 Drop off customer back to hotels
I can understand why this is one of the most popular attractions in Cairns. The train trip up was excellent with stunning views and excellent commentary and Skyrail down also offered stunning views and great scenic walks. Travstar made the booking and transfers a breeze.
It was worth the experience
Our driver was absolutely wonderful. He was friendly, prompt, gave us tons of good info. A big thank you to our driver and I really wished I had remembered to get Australian dollars prior to the tour so I could have tipped him!
The train ride up was a little hot and squishy, but definitely a great view as long as you get the window seat. The skyrail back was also stunning, but we would have loved the option the upgrade to the glass bottom cable car.
Was a very good day and would recommend it to anyone visiting Cairns
Transfer to and from attraction made the day easy and relaxing
Train Up Skyrail Down | 09:00 Cairns City Hotel pick up
Skyrail Up Train Down | 10:00 Cairns City Hotel pick up